H-4 1958 - 61 The Later Years
Straumnes/Latarar, H-4 had a short but rugged operational life. Several Icelandic local people were employed both during the construction and operations of the site but it all came to an end in July, 1960. By December of that year all the site property had been removed to either H-1 or Keflavik and only a skeleton staff of Icelandic locals remained as a crew to watch over the property that could not be removed. Eventually the site was completely abandoned. All that remains are the over four hundred pictures listed below.